Deb is a professional dog trainer and owner of Mind Pro Animal Behaviour which mainly helps dog owners train their dogs on how to be well behaved. She teaches owners who struggle with their dog’s behavioural issues, the secrets to have a dog that listens. Deb had the chance to participate in a high training animal course which included a range of different animals. At some point, she started from scratch like you right now, not knowing how to understand or train dogs. But now, Deb can help you save time, effort and pain, trying to figure out the right way to train.
She only teaches practical, proven steps about things like:
- how to call back your dog,
- how to have your dog walking nicely,
- how to make your dog listen under distraction,
- how to change your dog's unwanted behaviours
- how to have a happy dog and
- how to have the ideal dog you wish to have.
Deb's goal is to help dogs and owners, as much as possible, getting a better chance to have a happy life together in their loving home.
Vision: A world where humans and animals understand a respectful and safe interaction through training the community and the dogs.
Purpose: Reduce the bite rate, the euthanasia rate, the shelter dogs rate and give the community the benefit from the knowledge of safe and respectful animal interaction.
Mission: Bring awareness of safe and respectful interaction between humans and animals by educating the community through passion, respect, adaptability, force-free, empathy, and fun to improve the overall safety of people (from bites) and animals (from being abandoned, neglected and euthanized).
Attracted by nature, I chose to complete the diploma of Agricultural Technician Certificate, Option Management and Protection of Nature, Nature Animation speciality in 2010. I then completed the respectful to dogs, National Diploma Patent Professional Dog Training in France in 2011. I have had several experiences in the canine area, listed below.
After meeting the passionate Jacinthe Bouchard from Quebec (a renowned world animal expert for over 30 years), at a conference, I travelled to Quebec to train with her in 2013. Thanks to her I now have a Diploma of Intervener in Animal Behaviour. Since then, I make sure I do ongoing education attending conferences every year and online courses with the best trainers in the world to keep up with the new techniques and research.
I grew up in the lovely country of Andorra (in the Pyrenees mountain range). My dad took on my two dogs when I left France, Charly a Yorkshire Terrier that has now passed away and Falka, a German Shepherd cross.
I’m now living in Christchurch, New Zealand and have created (in 2015) and now working full time for Mind Pro Animal Behaviour. I have a staffy whippet cross called Zazie (photo above) from Dogwatch, and an older cat called Misty.
I volunteered and was a foster mum for Dogwatch Adoption Centre in Christchurch from January 2014 to April 2016, then worked for them as a kennel assistant, volunteer trainer, dog trainer and behaviour consultant until October 2018. Since 2019, I'm their behaviour and trainer adviser.
I work along side the New Zealand Chihuahua Rescue (2020) helping the foster homes and new owners.
I'm a full member of APDTNZ. I keep up with new methods and science following great dog trainers on social media and take specialised online courses in different subjects every year to deepen my knowledge.
- Owner and working full time for Mind Pro Animal Behaviour (2018 - current)
- Dog behaviour consultant for New Zealand Chihuahua Rescue (2020 - current)
- Behaviour and trainer adviser for Dogwatch Adoption Centre (2019 - current)
- Kennel assistant, volunteer trainer, dog trainer and behaviour consultant at Dogwatch Adoption Centre (2016 - 2018)
- Owner of Mind Pro Animal Behaviour (2014)
- Volunteer and dog training advisor at Dogwatch Adoption Centre (2014)
- Assistant puppy, junior and senior dog school UK (2013)
- Staff in obedience, training, agility in a breeder dog centre. Introduction to hydrotherapy and grooming FR (2011)
- Followed a dog trainer and behaviourist FR (2011)
- Followed a dog guide trainer FR (2010)
- Assistant mobile dog grooming FR (2010)
- Manager 24/7 at a boarding kennel FR (2010)